Sunday, July 01, 2007

What are Your Plans for the 4th?

Are you having a family get together this weekend or next? Are you going to have it the day of...smack dab in the middle of the week?
Are you going to have a cook out? What are you going to BBQ?
Where are you taking the family to see fireworks?
Answering my own questions...hehe
I have a confession. Of all the holidays, July 4th is probably my least favorite. I'm not in any way knocking the meaning of or marking of our independence. I just hate the noise of fireworks, and drunks people with fireworks and unsupervised children with fireworks and the cost of fireworks.
No plans to get together with anybody.
I'd like to grill out on the 4th just because I have a taste for grilled zucchini and maybe chicken breast. Daddy-O has the day off and I'm content hanging out with him, Kiddo and her boyfriend. (Boyfriend henceforth referred to as Insanity Pants. I'll tell ya the story about the name later.)

There is a possibility we could see the fireworks at the park from our backyard. And that's good enough for me.

The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're going to smoke a BBQ brisket and some salmon during the day, then head to a minor league baseball game (and watch fireworks) at night.

I'm not much of a 4th of July party person, but since our anniversary is the night before we like to take advantage of the free festivities.

ZenJen~ said...

Mmmm... Salmon! Hope it was yummy.

ZenJen~ said...

...And HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!