Bike Riding at Dusk
Dusk is my favorite time to go riding. Not much traffic. The town itself is kind of winding down for the night and the the scent of dryer sheets permeates the breeze. I find that scent very comforting when I ride. I so enjoy seeing what people have done to their front yards. Some have landscaping mulch around perennials lining their sidewalk. Others have installed water features and limestone slabs and elaborately latticed gazebos.
I'm not ashamed to say that at dusk, I'm a bit of a Peeping Tomette. It's sort of a study of people, but I'm more house-peeping, not people-peeping. Some houses are buttoned up tight for the approaching night, and some houses still have their curtains drawn back, front door wide open and laughter drifting through screen windows. I do love to catch a glimpse of someone's wall with generations of pictures, or refurbished two story with chandeliers in the foyer.
Some folks will sit on their porch or out on the lawn and enjoy the dusk. Hoosiers will nod to one another, if they catch the eye, but it's not like the south. No waving and calling out unless you know them personally.
I'm quite happy being the anonymous rider.
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:biking







0 comments:
Post a Comment