Volleyball-Ouch
Betcha didn't know I played volleyball in junior high. Oh, yes. Loved it. Haven't played forfreekingever. We went to Cole's birthday party last weekend (had a lovely time) and my youngest sister ask if I wanted to play badminton. Well, Sure! We called Kiddo and Cuz and played teams for a while, but the wind became too strong to play. The birdie kept getting caught in the silk trees...OK not really silk, but they looked like it.
"Who put that tree in the way?"
We switched to volleyball. This was another instance where I didn't think about, I just did it. (Remember I told y'all about the bike ride?) Haven't played in years. Even Kiddo was surprised. The first time I whacked the ball, I felt vertebrae vibrate. Second time, I got all bold and ran for it. Dang tree again. Stopped short. Something pops in my foot.
But I'm still smiling and sweating out there in the sunshine.
I don't feel so bad when my sister mentions her forearms are stinging.
Then... the final straw, the last abuse my body could take.
I made an emergency catch...
"Who put that baby in the way?"
The Happy Medium







0 comments:
Post a Comment