Friday, July 06, 2007

Is This Natural?

My Mom and I have an obsession with pens. Mom much more so than me. I prefer black and extra fine. She prefers one with some weight to it. Most of the gel pens are terribly goopy. Pens that write smooth and have a nice grip, those are coveted.
We have one pen to write checks only. One pen for grocery lists only. We try to carry one of those silly stik pens if someone needs to borrow a pen. No loss if they forget to give it back. I will pick up a pen in a parking lot. Mom will perform surgery on one if she likes it a lot.
This obsession follows closely with our other passion. Small writing tablets. Again, one of groceries, one for chore lists, etc. If it has a cute saying or cute picture, all the better.
Sticky notes are awesome!
Now the weird thing is (if the other stuff isn't enough) if I start a health, nutrition, weight loss journal, I use refillable lead pencil. As if it shouldn't be written in something permanent.
Told ya, weird.
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My roommate and I have a thing about pens, too. We could easily spend an hour in the pen aisle at a store.

And I don't obsess over the writing tablets, but I do over stationery and printer paper with designs. I think I have a piece saved from every paper packet I've bought. LOL