New Washer & Dryer - Finally!
They delivered my washer and dryer today! Daddy-O had to replace the outlet and we're running the first load though now.
It's a pair in white, Hotpoint and talk about quiet.
Considering they are replacing an olive green pair of 1973 Norge...
No - I'm not kidding, they came with the house... and still worked.
As an added bonus, they matched the stove and fridge that was left here (and also works.)I'm going to donate the fridge to the battered women's shelter or the men's rehab place (I need to call and find out for sure.) I'm still using the stove.
I'd like to give a tip of the hat to the old deceased couple that took such fine care of their appliances.
They don't make 'em like they used to, John-Boy.
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:appliances
Technorati Tag:charity







2 comments:
We have to replace our washer and dryer too! We've lived in our house for 6 years so I guess that would make our kenmore washer and dryer 31+ years old since we were told they were 25 years old when we bought the house!
You'll probably enjoy the savings on your energy and water bills now!
Isn't that wild how long they really can last?
OH, yeah - I'm hoping the bills will reflect. Considering it took a load of towels almost 80 minutes to dry. Now it's about 40. (And the dryer sheet doesn't sneak out the crack at the bottom of the door!)
Post a Comment