Kitchen Gadget Envy
Both of my sisters have the greatest kitchen gadgets. Espresso machines and olive oil dispensers that leave me scratching my head as to how they work. (This coming from the redneck that doesn't even have a garbage disposal) Even the storage containers they own are shiny new top of the line. My containers look like they've all had raviolis nuked in them. I have mixing bowls that could probably be sold in the antique section on Ebay.
A while back, I decided to upgrade my cookware. First, I pitched the 20 year old crockpot we'd received as a wedding gift and sprung for a more versatile version. The blender was the second thing to go. It had been used for three years as a cat-food-smoothie maker for a disabled feline. My new one is used twice a week for people smoothies.
I've let it be known for any gift-giving occasion I. Want. Kitchen. Stuff. Now I have new baking sheets. YaY. My sisters gave me a blender that is exactly the same as what I'd already bought, sans processor attachment, so I left it in the box.
Now I just have to find the time to run into Indy, take it back and pick out a food chopper... or maybe a set of shiny new top of the line storage containers.
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:cookware







0 comments:
Post a Comment