Motherly Advice #301 - Play Dumb
Kiddo's boyfriend came over last night and ate a bowl of porcupine meatballs. Kiddo told him that I'd made this batch, but she knew how to make them, also. He immediately asked if she was cooking tonight, she said no, she had to work. He asked when she would be cooking next. (One could almost hear the sparkle in his voice.) He doesn't know that unless she takes a wild spell, she doesn't cook at all, and when she does, she'd rather make dessert anyday.
FOR THE MOMS -
Do you remember this milestone when we were dating? We wanted so badly to show the guy we could cook. "Love them through their stomach, their hearts will follow" ... or some such HA! I actually couldn't cook anything that didn't come from a box. Daddy-O sent me to his Polish Mom & Grandma and I watched and learned there.
FOR THE DAUGHTERS -
It's possible that I'm biased, (hindsight, you see) and I don't mean to scare anybody (RUN! GO! NOW! Men are worthless!)
Even if you can cook, play dumb as long as you can. (You'll find men are particularly stealthy at this game.) Don't let the kitchen become your domain only. Share it. Share the fun stuff and the grunt work so that none of it will become only one person's chore.
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:dating







0 comments:
Post a Comment