Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Vacation of a Lifetime

In the 90's, we were close friends with another couple from my home town. Both our families did all kinds of activities together. Our girls were in t-ball together. I babysat hers, and she, mine. It was super cool that the husbands got along, also. One day she asked for favor. I of course, yes sure.
It had taken them a year to save up for their Bahamas vacation. They wanted to know if we could take them to the airport, look after the house, and pick them up in a week.
Lucky rascals!
They called us after a few days to tell us what they'd experienced thus far. Snorkeling was spectacular. They had planned to feed the sharks and walk the beautiful beaches. The weather cooperated and they even brought back several conch shells. We still have the one they brought back for us.
I hate to end this by saying our friends passed away not long after taking that trip. They were, are and will always be missed. We are better people for having met them and when I think back on our times together, I always think, "I'm glad they got to go to the Bahamas before..."
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: