Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fine Print - Pu-lease

Just in the last few days, on three different occasions, the fine print has come back to bite me in the butt.
Credit Card: Fine Print: two late payments within 12 months = they up the rate to O!M!G!%

Savings Account: Fine Print: money (above minimum) sets for 12 months = No activity Fee = withdraw of $5.00. THEN minus $5 = balance under minimum = under minimum fee - $8.00 more. (Can you say "nickel and dime me to death"?)

Cable & internet: NO Fine print: [CONTESTED AND WON - HA!] Letter came stating we're enrolled in some rewards program after having been with company for a year. Bill will raise by $10.00, but we're still saving $10.00 - HUH? I look on their website to find explanation. None found. Call company. Customer Service says we've been getting some special rate for a year and we should have been told in the beginning.
I write email stating the website is misleading. There are no regular rates vs. special rates advertised. The rates I'm paying now look like the regular rates. Demand a copy of paperwork from when we signed up.
Later, they call me and tell me they are going to wave this increase. I'll continue paying the same rates that I was originally.
You bet I will!
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: