Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Way of Life?

For years now, in our house it's a family tradition to watch the Simpsons. Well, only Daddy-O really watches it lately, every night, every re-run. Kiddo and I don't watch it anymore, but we know most of the sentences, most of the scenes. I guess the Simpsons are as American as apple pie, baseball and hamilton watches. It's stuck in our collective craw and no ear plugs will shut out the "D'oh."
We quote some our favorite lines, mostly when it's appropriate, but sometimes when it's not. But then that's the beauty of it, isn't it?
Tell me we're not the only family to actually slip in the phase, "Damn sexy Flanders."
Kiddo and I can't be the only ones who sing the song about the brothel, "We just learned this placed existed."
C'mon people, my family can't be the only weirdos. I'm sure someone in your family has started a conversation with, "That's the softest strangle..."
Right?

The Happy Medium

0 comments: