Thursday, July 05, 2007

Carnival

A quaint little carnival came to our quaint little town this week. Daddy-O wanted to go see it. I made some remark about carnivals not being as fun with no kids at our side. He blathered back about how we used to have fun before kids.
Yeah, Right. We were also still spry enough to fit in the back seat together. HA!
Anywho, we walked down to the park near our house where it was set up. Maybe there would be a couple carnies that were eye candy. (Yeah sue me. I'm allowed to look. There's just a certain grubby charm about some of them.)
They had a very small circular midway. No big deal. We played the mouse game, people watched, and side-stepped sticky kids. We shared a non-alcoholic pina colada smoothie and read every quip at the funny t-shirt booth.
We had good chuckles over Big Johnsons, small fries, sexual prowess and mental stability. I almost bought one.
Almost.
Even though it was an XL for $17.00
When I went to ask if there were other sizes, I was quite suddenly assaulted by horse-barn-smell.
I don't remember seeing a pony ride. There was very little breeze.
It was the lady...the carny.
Oh good grief...she gave carnies a bad name.
(You'd think that would be hard to do.)
I think she needed to wash off some of that grubby charm.

The Happy Medium

2 comments:

Cattiva said...

Ah yes, the carnival. One hit our area this past weekend, too. I LOVE the greasy, sticky, horrendously NOT healthy food!

ZenJen~ said...

I surprised myself by not wanting any elephant ears or other NOT healthy. (I could be in denial about the smoothie) I just didn't have a craving/taste for it. weird in a good way!