Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Fresh Find for Arthritis & Other Aches

If you've read my Beginners Guide to Arthritis, you know I'm experimenting with food and supplements. I haven't had a chance to touch on topical remedies until now. I'm sure you've tried all the old stand-bys: Ben Gay, Absorbine Jr., Icy Hot, Flexall, Aspercreme, Capzasin and more. I've tried a a few of these. Some work better on sinuses than joints. Others make you smell like your grandmother.
Years ago, I bought a tube of BioFreeze from the chiropractor. It worked fairly well, but Wow! Talk about expensive. Once I ran out, I never did go back to that office to purchase another. I'm lazy, if I have to go out of my way, it's probably not going to happen anytime soon.
Recently I found a product that works just as well: Freeze It
(Here's the gratuitous chubby chick pic: Me + sample = nighttime relief!)
Nighttime has been the worst for pain lately. I've been rubbing the gel on my elbow and forearm. Only takes a little. Works great! It's not greasy at all. At first one can smell the menthol and camphor, but that disappears quickly. Freeze It doesn't stain sheets or clothes, and I think the two best features are the price and availability. Snag a tube just about anywhere you shop normally and get it for way less than the doctor's office charges for the other stuff.

Next time you're browsing the isles for some pain relief, try a tube or a roll on stick.

The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

2 comments:

Angel The Alien said...

LOL... Hey I got that opportunity too but I didn't do it yet! I used it on my ankle. I am not quite sure how to take a picture of myself using it though!!!

ZenJen~ said...

I just cringe when they want a pic. UGH!