What Role? Diet, Yoga and Arthritis
I just bought my second yoga video. The first one was a "Buns of Steel - Yoga" that I could "mostly" do when I was younger, leaner and more (or less) fit. This new one is by Gaiam, "Yoga for Beginners with Patricia Walden." I've only done the first ten minutes (too many interruptions to continue)but I like her style.
While browsing some yoga websites, I found an article about arthritis. A Joint Program by Alison Rose Levy. Made mental notes about the yellow-orange foods, garlic and oregano, and the oddest tip I've found so far - rubbing olive oil on joints! Now I've tried numerous topical treatments for arthritis, but none from my kitchen.
Now my curiosity is piqued. I'm on the search for what is: Ayurveda. I've started with Finding Your Body Type. I am Pitta.
Not sure what to to with this information yet, but I the direction it's taking me is fascinating.
More to come.
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:arthritis







1 comments:
Yep, I have tried my hands on some Yoga too (Ashtanga).
I think these practices have many positive aspects, but for Yoga in particular, I noticed that some of the positions actually where not very good for my joints. According to some people you actually run the risk of stretching tendons and ligaments instead of muscles, which is a big no-no.
I hope you gain benefit from your practice though..
Best regards,
Mike
Martial arts training
Post a Comment