Teen's First Job Experience
Kiddo's first job experience has not been a good one.
There are laws about how long a place can work a 16 year old.
Because the manager didn't do her job well, some employees had a melt-down (one quit, one got fired)two nights ago. This and other strangeness caused Kiddo to work eight hours straight (4p.m. till midnight) with no break at all. Even the chick who was training her got a break...HUH?
And of course, I was freaking because she was only scheduled from 4p.m. till 10 p.m. so by 11:30 p.m. I was doubting myself as far as... if I call her cell, will I look like some over-protecting witch of a mother...or do I call because I just plain worried something may have happened to her as she walked to the back of the parking lot after her shift.
Good Grief - I was in knots.
I finally called her at 11:50, left a message and she called back ten minutes later to come get her.
The next day she quit.
Today she's applying other places.
... And so it goes...
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:teens







0 comments:
Post a Comment