A Whiney Post
Money and work woes are a buzzkill, seriously.
Daddy-O's been working for a temp company for truckers out of Indy for several months now. The work has gone from five days a week and great pay, then five days a week for mediocre pay. I guess we let it slip and slide along because last week and this week it hasn't been five days in a row. Add mediocre pay and it's a screaming downward spiral. I suppose we should have been sending out resumes over time. We had funds coming in so we were pickin' & choosin'.
In the trucking industry, that means we were avoiding the jobs that required him to be gone most of the week.
Over the past few weeks, I've put in applications at several places around our town. No luck. Against my morals, I even put in an app for Wal-Mart (cringe).
My sister, the lawyer had, in the past offered me a back office job. I'm ashamed to
say I'd been close-minded about it. High among other stupid neurosis is the fact that I'm scared out of my wits to drive downtown Indy by myself.
I invited myself to ride with her. (Clever of me, eh?)
So while we wait to see what pans out, I'm scouring our local paper and the IndyStar jobs for me AND for Daddy-O. I think I'm thoroughly sick and tired of reading "work for us", "blog for us", "write for us", "drive for us." Then there's the paper apps and online apps and follow-up calls.
WHEW!! Finding a job is...well...a job.
I'll let y'all know what pans out.
The Happy Medium







0 comments:
Post a Comment