Monday, July 16, 2007

Indiana Driver's Education

Since we started teaching Kiddo how to drive, I've found a whole new level of patience I didn't know I had.
I've found that sometimes, it isn't that she's driving worse on a particular day, it's that I'm a wee bit more high strung that particular day. My worst place to teach her is the on-ramp of I-65 EEK!
I clench up like I've got sour apple taffy stuck up my butt.
There are times we both have to remind each other to take a deep breath.
A little less nerve wracking is the bookwork...
Here's a website I didn't know existed: Driver's Ed Online. (Find your state at the bottom)
Indiana Driver Education has a practice test. It also lists the requirements beginning at age 15, which is quite cool because we haven't been able to keep that straight. Kiddo's requirement is 16 and 6months because she didn't take an approved course. Her Dad just took her down to the BMV and she to take the pre-test (don't know what it's called) so she could get her learner's permit. She had previously studied the book (Which is free to take, at the BMV.)
Word of advise: STUDY THE SIGNS!
For Indiana parents: Call your insurance company to be sure, but I don't have to put Kiddo on my insurance until she actually gets her license. Then they put her on the cheapest vehicle. With some companies, if you take your teen into the office to watch a safety movie, you get around 10% off your premium. Check to be sure.
Good Luck and Take a Deep Breath!
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: