Friday, July 20, 2007

We've Got Our Signals Crossed

When we were getting ready to move from Louisiana to Indiana, I almost put our TV in the yard sale. We thought the sound was going out, because we'd get feedback thought it. Sometimes squeals or silence, sometimes somebody's CB radio would come through. Sometimes the vacuum cleaner would wreak havoc with it.
We rednecks don't know much about the inner workings of electronic devices, but we found it strange that the TV picture would fuzz up just for a minute just before one of our cell phones would ring. Could it have been something with the RFI Shielding? I tried to find out why the interference was the worst when Kiddo had her cell charger plugged into the wall behind the TV. If it rang and she answered it at that time, there was no watchin' TV at all then.
At the last minute before the move, we decided to load the fickle TV and, if all else failed, we'd toss it once we got moved in.
It's the strangest thing here in the new house, we haven't had ANY trouble with it. No Kidding. I still don't really know why it did what it did, and know I'm just as perplexed as to why it stopped. Saved me from buying a new TV, though.
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: