Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Small NSV

Horn = Tooting
Non-Scale Victory
This morning Daddy-O made himself breakfast burritos. Kiddo made herself raisin bagels with cream cheese.
droooooollll......

I conjured will power I didn't know I possessed, stopping myself from making four pieces of toast with butter and two eggs. In my head, I saw it in the skillet and in the toaster oven. I saw it on the plate.
I stood very still in the kitchen until the mental picture passed of egg yolk dripping from toast, coming toward my mouth as I sat at my desk.

The weird and wondrous part happened thus: after I'd stood quite still and visualized the entire scenario, the craving subsided to an urge more controllable.

Breakfast was 3 pieces of imitation Krab, (not the best choice, but after overcoming cravings, I'm not going to knock it) and 3 cup black coffee
Brunch/lunch will be leftover roasted veggies and green tea.
Afternoon Snack: apple and cantaloupe
Dinner: salmon patties and Italian veggies.
Late Nite Snack: pretzels
Treat: Frozen fruit popsicle

Folks, I think I have this day licked!
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: