Friday, August 17, 2007

Yard Sale Time

A symptom of PackRatitis - Why is it that I have nothing to wear - yet when I go to put my clean clothes away, I can't fit them into the drawer because there's no room?
We are in desperate need of purging a bunch of stuff before winter. Over the past few weeks we've been deep cleaning.
By that, I mean "Don't just put the clean clothes away. Dig down to the bottom to the drawer and drag out the shirts you forgot you had, and see if they still fit, or if you want them at all."
(Here's a strange side note: Things in the bottom of my dresser drawers smell like stale cigarette smoke. Gosh, that stuff seeps in everywhere.) {And it seems one only smells the smoke when one quits smoking.}
Before my mom-in-law came, Daddy-O had built a nightstand for me. Out went the old. The new one has two shelves for at least some of my accumulation of books. They've taken over the front room and now it looks like they're going to conquer the bedroom. Took a trip down memory lane as I sorted through two jewelry boxes. That was more than 25 years of memorabilia. It felt good to be free of some of that crud.
I'm dreading getting into the loft and going through those totes and add to the yard sale pile. It feels good when it's done, but it's a cuss to get started.

The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: