Friday, August 24, 2007

No More Breakfast Food for Breakfast

Since I've quit smoking (25 weeks now) I've tried to be more in tune with my body; how it works, what it needs. Know that when I say I haven't gained or lost any weight, I'm both shamed and proud, if that's even possible. Shamed that dropping weight is always on my mind, yet proud-as-hell that I haven't gained.
Gaining is a whole phobia by itself.

They're right when they say breakfast is the most important meal, but I think I was misinterpreting.
I've have listened to my body and figured out that it wants and needs veggies for breakfast. I get tired super quick if I eat toast, or hot oats. I get wicked sugar cravings all day if I eat any brand or flavor of boxed, cold cereal. Egg substitute makes me a bit queasy.
Give me some leftover stir fry, steamed veggies, cold, hot-whatever and I'm good to go. I don't have the need to snack as much. No sweet cravings. When I'm done eating, I'm done. I can put my stomach out of my mind and focus on my day.
Wow.
So this is what it means to be satisfied.
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: