Is it Dark in Here?
An dark front room is only good for watching scary movies. Any other time one needs floor lamps or table lamps placed in strategic places depending on the task at hand.
That all sounds all Martha Stewart-ish, doesn't it?
In real life, I don't know about your house, but around here we have had mismatched shades decorating singularly ugly glass and brass lamps perched on handmade stands. They get moved to where ever they are needed at the moment.
In Kiddo's room, she has two desk lamps only, and she's the one that needs it the most. She sits on her floor with homework strewn all around her and the lamps goosenecking over the papers. All summer I've been meaning to buy her something more, well, usable. Ever time I find something in a store, she's not with me, and if you've ever thought about buying something for a teen, then you know you need their approval first. Maybe I could kill two birds with one stone and get her a ceiling fan with lights. Farreys.com has 14 style categories to choose from.
Certainly a finicky teen could find just the right one!
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:blogger







0 comments:
Post a Comment