Monday, August 20, 2007

Deadwood & Family Video

HBO's Carnivale was the beginning of a whole new venture for our family. It has us hooked on renting series for the last six months. I've already blogged our disappointment with the Carnivale bits dangling in the breeze with no satisfaction. I haven't trolled around to see if HBO left Deadwood swinging from the noose the same way. I can't bear it.
Family Video has had me grinding my teeth the last few weeks. Waiting for Season 2 Vol. 1 & 2 to be available. After much gnashing back and forth, I find out they've lost one disc and the other's been destroyed. GRRR. I spoke with a manager from another store, who said he'd bring it from his store, blah blah, they call, blah blah. NA.DA.
The sad part is that even if the discs were available, they'd probably be scratched beyond viewing. The skipping, non-playing discs have recently driven me to writing a harsh email to Family Video. It may not do any other good besides making me feel better, but I had to get it off my chest.
In the end, I opened a new account at Movietime and both discs were in, and my family got our fix of Deadwood.
And that my readers, is consumer satisfaction!
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: