Bedroom Furniture
GalleryFurniture.com is the home for Houston furniture. They have page after page of stunning furniture. They have armoires and chests, nightstands and daybeds. Solid wood pieces in maple, brown cherry, California walnut and more. I can just imagine one of their curios could be handed down for generations.
What your style? Gallery Furniture has the perfect, gorgeous piece whether your style is contemporary, mission, cottage, traditional or mission.
My tastes lean toward the unusual. Sort of antique-y, Gothic, darkly heavy. As I browse through their selection of bedroom furniture, I'm having trouble picking out just one favorite.
So, of course, below are two pictures...
In the first picture, I particularly like the armoire. In the second, the dresser and mirror are just luscious!
A little furniture flashback: Having grown up visiting my grandmother often, I simply gravitate toward these pieces that look like Grandma's. I was in love with her huge, out-of-tune upright player piano. Sisters and I would sneak upstairs (which was off-limits) to gaze at all the perfume bottles glistening in the soft glow of the light on the nightstand. Even the dusty black nightstand had it's charm. Only later did I learn that the black isn't paint, it's soot from the coal burning stove... And furniture is all the more breath-taking when there's a story attached.
All my Aunts learned to play on that piano I mentioned. My Mom is the keeper of many yellowed documents some of which were hidden away in an armoire at Grandma's house.
So go ahead, invest in a piece of furniture. You're really investing in a future piece of your family's history.
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:furniture







0 comments:
Post a Comment