Monday, August 20, 2007

Books and Their Movies Together - Classics

Novel: Hell House (1971) by Richard Matheson - "The Mount Everest of Haunted Houses." Excellent writing, excellent story. Quick Read.
Movie: The Legend of Hell House - Follows the book closely,but the book has more details.

I've been on the look-out for the movie ever since I finished reading the book. I found the movie (finally) at Movietime. I vaguely remember watching this movie as a kid. Then I wanted the book.
Funny how that happens. A 30 year cycle. Complete.

Same thing happened with Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House (1959). The movies mirroring that are The Haunting both the 1963 and 1999 versions. I knew I'd caught the black and white version (as a rerun of course) then I read the book as a teen. Now Kiddo and I know all the words of the 1999 version by heart.
The Happy Medium

0 comments: