Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Intervention & Interaction

Do you watch the TV show "Intervention?" I catch it sometimes and I'm shocked at the trainwreck a whole family can become because of one member's addiction. The parents and siblings are at a lose of how to cope with the addict. On the other hand, some of them seem to be just as clueless when it comes to dealing with the fragility of the recovering addict's day to day life. I would like to see more care for the family. A drug rehab for recovering loved ones should be just as important. After all, if the family made it though the rough times, and stuck together, how wonderful would it be that the whole family take the steps to get well, and learn to interact on an entirely new level?

The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

they actually do send the families to al anon and other support groups. well, they encourage them at any rate.
The thing is that most of the families really think that it's just the problem of the addict and don't often seek the help they need.
I watch it also, having dated an addict and had experiences with them.