Monday, August 13, 2007

More Manly Tools

I've elaborated recently on Daddy-O's fetish for power tools. It's a sickness, really. He is unresponsive while drooling in front of the saw-blade case at the local home improvement store. He can strike up a conversation with anyone in the tool department, young or old.
I usually wander off to the garden section. He knows where to find me. Not long ago, he dragged me to a place where there was a pressure washer on sale.
He looked at me.
I looked at him.
"We're here for patio lights." I said.
"We didn't find any we liked." He plead.
"What if somewhere else is cheaper?"
"It's not. I looked." He confirmed. "I've been lookin' for a while." He added. "Plus, it's electric."
I rolled my eyes and sighed.
He squealed with glee as he put it in the cart.

Well, I have to say, if it broke down tomorrow, he got his money's worth. Both cars are shiny, the back patio, driveway and front sidewalk are spotless. He's taken off most of the ancient peeling paint on the front porch.
Plus, he thinks he's cool 'cuz it's one gadget the neighbor doesn't have!
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: