Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Sad Fish Tale

This isn't about "The One That Got Away." It's about "The Meal That Tasted Awful."
The shame of it...the part that so disheartening... is that it was quite a gorgeous dish. Kiddo even took pictures as I assembled it, but they all cam out fuzzy, so I'll try to explain so ya'll will have a mental picture....
(It was also healthful...(le sigh)
In an oblong baking dish, layer...
A bed of fresh baby spinach leaves on the bottom
sprinkle broccoli florets and cauliflower pieces over spinach
spoon one can of black beans
lay tilapia fillets flat across the veggies (not touching)
1 jar - place roasted red peppers on top of fish
Bake until fish is cooked through - 30 to 45 min. at 350 degrees.

Ok, Daddy-O got the willies over the spinach, I didn't think the black beans worked, and Kiddo just laughed and said, "Yup, another Mommy concoction! At least it's pretty."
(Don't tell anybody I wasted $12 bucks on an experiment.)
So feel free to take my sad fish tale and make it your own.
If it works, post pictures on your own blog and point me to it, will ya?

The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog!

- Michelle Knudson
www.michelleknudson.com

ZenJen~ said...

Thanks!