Monday, June 25, 2007

Addicted to Olive Garden

In an effort to drag ourselves out of the rut that is the two Chinese buffets here in our quaint little town, Daddy-O and I have been driving over to Avon to Olive Garden. We're addicted to the salad (and the breadsticks), and I don't don't why. Olive Garden's complimentary all-you-can-eat salad isn't the most robust of salads. Were I to make this at home for dinner, Daddy-O would think it was a sad mess.
Two black olives, no eggs, no ham, no green olives, no cucumbers, no green peppers, three tomato circles, not much of a variety of greens and salad dressing you can't even see. So what's the appeal?
For me, part of it is that I'm all for anything I personally don't have to cut up. Since having lost about 30 pounds, Daddy-O admittedly craves salad, must have his fix.
I wanted to know how to make the dressing. That's the key.
I've searched OliveGarden.com for the recipe for their signature Italian dressing. No luck.
Oh, Well... They do have some other recipes I intend to try. And it gets us away from the buffet that's killing us slowly.
Gotta go easy on those breadsticks, though.

The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: