The Measure of a Marriage
The last post was a goofy one about our 20th Anniversary. I can't help but wonder what are the really important milestones in a marriage. Other than just numbers, what are some defining moments?
Having, raising, and providing for children is at the top of the list. Attaining a monetary goal, buying a luxury home, top of the line automobile, building a business together can be goals worth striving for.
I have a refrigerator magnet that says "Until Further Notice, Celebrate Everything." In a nutshell, that's our marriage, our family. We're not stuck on "stuff". There's nothing too small that can't be marked by at least a "happy dance." We laugh, we cut-up, we talk, we argue over chores, yard work, and the placement of the birdbath.
We've weathered literal and figurative storms. In-laws, guests, addictions, break-ups and deaths and we've stayed the course. While fancy houses and cars would be great, I still come back to the old adage that it doesn't make one happy. The defining moments are, I think, all the little ones that add up to a very big life.
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:marriage







0 comments:
Post a Comment