Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Calories In vs. Calories Out

Dieting isn't just about calorie counting. It's fat grams and sodium and can we NOT forget taste? (I have a sad story about taste in the next post.) Dieting is also about breathing, exercise, and sore muscles. On top of all that, we can't forget will power, pride, and accomplishment (or conversely the sloth-like feelings - depending on how the day goes.)
I like websites that offer more than just a calorie counter. Ideally, it should help me address ALL these issues.
Today, I joined MyFitnessPal.com. Of course they have a free calorie counter, but they also have a handy, streamlined food diary and food database (I LOVE it when a program gives the nutrition facts also.) When you sign up, add your goal to the exercise diary and keep track of it all by week or day. I like that they include the elliptical (Fitday doesn't, last time I looked.)
The message boards are somewhat plain, but has potential. It took me a bit to figure out who was a moderator/technical assistance, though the "contact us" link is just a click away.
We can always use one more FREE tool in our daily diet quest.
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: