Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Amateur Landscaping

When we bought this house, it was obvious that the previous owners were really stuck on white landscaping rock. Its around every bush, lines three sides of the house, and one side of the mini-barn. Until this past weekend there was approximately an eighteen inch wide patch around the patio. Daddy-O took all that out and now there's more or less a clean slate to work with. I'll post pix for that later.
For now, here is a pic of the previous weekend's project. We call it "Birdbath with Moss-Roses."
Does anybody watch Gardening by the Yard? (I love Paul James, whadda ham) I caught a show that said birds can drown in a birdbath so you should add a big rock or something the birds can hop onto.


(This is one of those plastic birdbaths. [yes, we're cheap] I washed it and paint kept flaking off. I sealed the whole thing with a clear coat of spray paint.)
Here is an awful picture (oh, yes I will have a new camera soon) of the Moss Roses and Hens & Chicks. We kept some of the white rocks, but took out two wheel barrows full. The neighbors told us that originally, the previous owners had an eagle on a pedestal in that spot...They'd laid 3 foot by 10 foot rocks with a border. We called it the GRAVE. UGH!

The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:
Technorati Tag:
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: