The Fat Smash Diet?
Have you seen the latest copy of Woman's World?
Usually I don't buy WW because I can't stand seeing those recipes for baked goodies. Seriously, diet on one page, junk on the next. pfft. I did, however, pick one up since Maureen McCormick was on the cover. She was the winner of Celebrity Fit Club, which have been watching sporadically for two seasons. (Secretly, I rooted for Cletus T. Judd as every self-respecting redneck should!)
Did you read the Day-by-Day Extreme Fat Smash Guide? I read it and almost curled up into a fetal position! Good Grief, there's no way I could be on that diet for more than a few days. Extreme is right.
Not long ago, when I was looking for a new and current diet book, it was a toss up between Bob Greene's Best Life, Dr. Oz & Dr. Roizen YOU: On A Diet, or Dr. Ian's Fat Smash. I'm happy with my decision of purchasing the "YOU" book. Because it's not stringent, it's a guideline. I think anyone trying to change their lifestyle should incorporate other bits and pieces from many diets. Heck, not too long ago I bought one of Susan Powter's old books and one of her lines that I love the most is: "Any aerobic activity that works for you for 30 minutes or more in oxygen." Since I quit smoking, this speaks to me very deeply. Though I think her theory on beans is a little over the top. (Unless you like to toot your own horn HA! - Sorry, couldn't resist)
Bottom line... any diet/lifestyle change absolutely needs to be sustainable over the long haul. We Have to be able to stick to it.
Here's hoping you find a plan with "stick-ability!"
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:diets







2 comments:
I like the "YOU" book. Volumetrics is another one I've found very easy to follow, particularly now that I'm taking Alli and have to do low-fat but still want to feel full.
What is this Alli you speak of?
Post a Comment