Herbs and Pills and Teas - Oh, My!
Did anyone else notice that cold and flu season starts, not when the whether changes, but when the kids go back to school?
A week after school started, Kiddo says, "Mom, I think I'm getting a sore throat."
Three days after that, I told Kiddo, "I think you gave me your sore throat."
All winter long, this goes on with varying degrees of symtoms, until Spring.
Spring, of course, brings a whole new set of pain and pressure, sneezing and wheezing.
UUGH!
Daddy-O is the only one who seems to be immune to almost every bug. He's also the only one who remembers to take his cinnamon pill (for high blood pressure-and yes it works), multi-vitamin, and ginseng every day.
I, on the other hand, need to be taking a pill that helps me remember... to take my pills...to keep me from getting sick.
It won't be long before we will start seeing all the commercials for cold remedies. A few will try to sell us some nasal spray that keeps us from catching a bug in the first place. What's in that stuff?
I'm not a health nut and I'm not too quick to jump on the "All-Natural" band-wagon, but over the past few years I've been learning more about herbs and teas and what benefits they have. That's initially how Daddy-O started taking the ginseng. We both noticed a difference over time in our energy and our ability to stave off a cold, when we take it daily. For me, I can't remember to take my pills half of the time, but I do drink ginseng, green or white tea almost every day.
I've found a website: Chinese Herbs and Alternative Remedies that not only sells Chinese herbs, pills and teas, but has a health library and details about each product and manufacturer.
They have a very handy search function also... I typed "MEMORY" and it found this.![]()







1 comments:
Thanks for kind of advertising. While reading decide to look through it cause catching cold bothers thouhg i`ve a possibility to spend a summer period getting lots of natural vitamins. In return for more info about health http://healthynewsblog.com
Post a Comment