Thursday, September 07, 2006

Diet & Exercise - Priorities

The Hoosier version of "Diet, Exercise & Smoking" is becoming a monthy update now. It began as a weekly account, but our new life in Indiana is filled with new adventures, so I'm posting in this catgory a little less. Let this small, chunky woman reassure you that, although I'm posting less, I'm not slacking off on my quest to be healthier.

This morning's weight: 157
up two pounds from a month ago.
Lesson learned: Weigh in more than once a month.
Being able to fit into blue jean shorts hot out of the dryer is not an indicator of gain or loss.

Multi-Vitamins: Why can't I remember to take them, lately?

The new TO-DO List:
I'm craving the outdoors. The weather here has turned cooler. I want to walk, hike and ride more. It's strange how my brain works (yeah...I hear ya) that I think about doing these things all day long. "I'll go later", "Maybe after dinner", "Probably by dark", "Tomorrow morning, for sure".

In my head, I'm not putting these things off because I don't want to do them...It's more like... I can't do those things yet, because I'm using them as a reward for getting the "have to's" done.
If I don't get all the daily have-to's completed.....

Seriously, what kind of thinking is that??
Is going for a walk just as important as balancing the checkbook?
Is taking a half hour bike ride just as important as getting the laundry done?
Is educating myself about diet & exercise just as important as educating myslef about building a website?
It should be!
I guess it really is true: To change your body (or your lifestyle) , first you have to change your thinking.

Grab some motivation and education:
I'm in dire need of a big dose of inspiration. I love reading other people's success stories. What they did, what they do...what they learned. I don't always gravitate to the weight loss sites. There's great sources of information in uncommon places. Bodybuilding Forum has topics on fat loss, nutrition, supplements, a women's only forum and other discussions.
Bodybuilders have to have some serious motivation and dedication. I know I'll never have "it" to that degree, but it's so cool that I can become inspired by their kind of conviction.


I'm never going to look like Susan Powter, John-Boy
The Happy Medium


0 comments: