Thursday, September 14, 2006

Character-building Cell Phones

We each have our our cell phones because we decided no to get a land line in the new house.
I call mine "the pet phone", because I carry it around in my purse like a Teacup Chihuahua.
Don't drop it.
Don't sit on it.
Don't get it wet.
Sounds like I should have named it "Gremlin".

When Daddy-O took out over the road for the first eight weeks - he called home (if I remember right) six times. Each time was less than ten minutes. The collect calls totaled more than $180.00. I 'bout fell out!

So he got our first cell. I still didn't want one. Didn't see the point... Until Hurricane Katrina.
Yes, it took a natural disaster to make me break down and buy a cell.

By the time we moved and were ready for Kiddo to get her own cell, it was time to cut some corners, look at plans etc. There was also "The Big Pow-Wow about Responsibility".

I wish I'd found this site a few months ago:best cell phone deals
They have a really neat agreement called "Off The Hook" that parents can print out and use while conducting said Pow-Wow.

It will help you set the ground rules and help the teens understand their own bill.

It might even keep you from having this conversation:
"Mom, can I download Criss Angel for my background?"
"NO. It's costs money."
"Mom, can I download the 'Llama Song' for my ringtone?"
"NO."
"Why?"
"It's annoying."
"Then can I download 'It's Raining Men'?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Because I want that one."

Free Prepaid Cell Phones


0 comments: