WHY ME? Self Help for Life
I'm all for self-help. Through the years I've written down many an epiphany that stuck to my core, healed my heart or forced me to think in a different way. I was a self help nut back in the early Oprah days when she was only on channel 9 out of Chicago. She helped me to learn that only I can make myself happy.
I also think that there are many phases of our lives that can benefit from a self help CD, book, lecture or video no matter how young or old we are. Recently I listened to a three CD series taught by life coach Clay Nelson. His third CD of the Getting Started series is Commitment - Getting Past "Why Do I Have to Grow?" spoke to me deeply. This is at a time in my life where I'm needing to lead and teach young people at work. (I love it when something comes into my life just when it's needed most!)
You may remember me lamenting about becoming a night shift manager. I thought this was just going to be a small, part time job.
Not... but that's Ok!
"How come I can see it going to happen before it happens? How come I have this sense? How come I see? How come I feel?"
Clay Nelson asks and answers...
"It's a power.
But I don't want it. It's too much responsibility."
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:life coach
Technorati Tag:self help








0 comments:
Post a Comment