Friday, September 21, 2007

Cousins COOL Weekend

It's time for the girls to pack their luggage for an overnighter! Auntie H. is taking Kiddo and Cuz for Saturday. Which is quite cool. Auntie and Uncle are the cool hip young adults of the family. They've been sledding and bowling, they get to help cook cool, hip new food. They make soy smoothies and batches of bread and cookies. Even chores are a treat for two teens at Auntie's house. Feed the fish, brush the cat, walk the dog...Sure we'll load the dishwasher!
I think it's great for them to have some bonding time. I'm grateful they have many adults in their lives they can look up to and model their own lives after. H and I were talking about this some time ago; that when my sisters and I were going up responsible, uplifting, lively adults were scarce during most of our growing-up years. We three sisters are trying our best now to give our children better and a more wide ranging experiences.

I s'pose in twenty years, they'll be setting around griping about their times, like we do now - HA!
The Happy Medium

0 comments: