Drivers Dilema & Directions
Out on a run tonight Daddy-O encountered a common problem of most truckers. Bad directions. Mapquest isn't always right, but nobody bothers to take notation for the next poor soul who needs a graveled plot of Scottsdale real estate to turn a rig around. I've seen driver-written directions given over the Qualcomm. Frigging terrible. Horrid spelling, no spaces or the driver didn't know East from his Mother's front door.
It's now close to midnight and Daddy-O should have been home by 10:30. Dispatch had sent him 80 miles out of his way.
Although he's just plain pissed, I'm disappointed, but not surprised.
The only positive of this situation is that we have the internet and he can call me most any time to talk him through a tough patch.
Now - who do I bill for MY dispatch services???
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:trucking







2 comments:
On the bright side, bad direction ensure an adventure. When you're on a schedule, that's not fun.
This is an interesting blog with great details. Very good.
Post a Comment