Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fast Food Nation

Over the past few days, I've blogged about veggies from our garden, educating ourselves about the food we eat, and even my desire for a "Slow Food Utopian Revolution" having landed a job at Subway (it's a step, right?) after many typical fast food jobs.
So, what a fortuitous find on the shelf at the video store...
Rented "Fast Food Nation" last evening, knowing I had wanted to see it for some time, but I couldn't remember 'for positive' what it was about. I knew it was going to be similar to "Thank You for Smoking," and maybe "Supersize Me." Both of which I thoroughly enjoyed and was moved to learn more.
Same now with "Fast Food Nation." It's not a well executed film, but the IDEAS and IDEALS of it sing out loud and clear... and would have with or without well-known actors. Again, I was moved to visit Participate.net which led me to the Meatrix: Interactive then to SustainableTable.org.
I plugged in my zip code to see farms, stores, and organizations near me. The Indiana chapter I found is called "Slow Food USA - Indianapolis" how freaky cool is that?! Here's the main Slow Food USA Site.

The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:
Technorati Tag:

0 comments: