Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What Is VoIP?

What is VoIP? Voice over IP?
I had no idea beyond what I've been seeing on commercials, so I went in search of brain-food.
VOIP is fast-growing technology where people can use the internet to make phone calls instead of the usual telephone lines. A UK site called Cisco has several pages that helps explain it all.
If you have a business and are looking into unified communications solutions, you may want to take a look at their Top Myths page.
These stats from their site:

  • In a 2005 Sage Research study, 86% of companies using unified communications reported that productivity benefits have grown.
  • More than 60% reported savings of three or more hours per week for each mobile worker.
Businesses can collaborate in real-time.

To get more in-depth, Cisco has a link for Products and Services, and Tech Support. Also a link for Home and Office Solutions.


Technology- How wonderfully confusing, John-Boy
The Happy Medium


0 comments: