F-Freezing My B-Beak Off!
It was 59 F in the house and 42 F. outside at 5 a.m. B-brr!
The furnace is an old gal. When we bought the house, they wouldn't turn the gas on until we had two intake vents installed (which the seller paid for). At that time, the Hvac guy agreed that it would be a fine idea to get a furnace installed in the attic. (Right now it's in a "closet" in the bathroom and the [only]bathroom is in Kiddo's bedroom- hey, I'll take an old house with quirks over monster house payments anytime)
Two weeks ago, I had the furnace cleaned = $69.00. They said that a heating limit (I guess it kicks the blower on) was shot/burnt out/ dead. When the Hvac guy came back with the part the next day, = $209.00 including labor.
I turned her on for the first time this morning. It scared the cat the worried the dog, smelled like burnt dust, but now we're a toasty 65F.
Well, I guess that's not really toasty, but I'm frugal... or stingy, and moccasins and sweaters are cheaper.
family
Hot chocolate time, John-Boy
The Happy Medium








0 comments:
Post a Comment