Wednesday, October 18, 2006

This Welcome Post is Brought to You by the Letter "A"

WELCOME!
This post is for the folks who happen by here as their first stop (in alphabetical order) on "THE LIST".
I'll give you your first hint on this scavenger hunt (witch hunt?) You'll not find the Audi Ad here, or the iPod Ad. Yes, I most certainly DID post the home security ad (I'll play along at this point, and let you scavenge for it).
(For those of you who are going "Huh?", this stems from some folks who are nay-sayers about PayPerPost and blogging ads for money. You can search for more info yourself-I'll not link to them here)
I'll apologize now for ranting a tad...
These nay-sayers seem to speak of the blogosphere as some entity, a wholly unblemished portion of the internet, (Have you clicked "Next Blog", lately?) where there are acceptable and unacceptable ways to make money blogging.
There have been weighty-words tossed about: Evil, Vile, Pretending, Damaging, Credibility, and Integrity...
in‧teg‧ri‧ty  [in-teg-ri-tee]–noun

1.adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
2.the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.

... Just who's morals/integrity should I be adhering/cleaving to??
When I started this blog, the thought never crossed my mind to "make sure I don't bring down the blogosphere with my immorality".
I did, however, decide this blog would be about positive things (hence, the name), silly things, fun things - posts about weight loss, neat sites I found, working at home, goofy stuff Kiddo did, my own insight and brand of humor.
John-Boy is my conscience, my muse, my guideline - my moral "line-in-the-sand". He reminds me that I've always wanted to be a writer. He reminds me never to dash anyone in public.
It may sound absurd, but having him around is what keeps me from spouting off about the negative. He keeps me from swearing, he watches so I don't go overboard talking about sex. All of these are sides of me. Just like all of you have, I'm sure, an online persona.

I sincerely believe that I'm staying on track with this blog, even though I've gotten paid to post some adverts in a new and different way than any other company hadpreviouslyy thought about. I didn't sell my soul to the devil. (Had I done that, I surely would have put in a request for the house next door to Mr. King or Mr Koontz, 200,000 words on the bestsellers list, and could ya make me look like Ms. Jolie?)

Some of you may have come here because of someone else's ulterior motives, but I stand by my opening "welcome", as in "You're more than welcome to pull up a bean bag chair and paw through my archives, leave a comment if you're so inclined. Have a cup of Chai Tea, and get to know me".

A P.S. about disclosure: I've stated I've been paid to blog ads, but I've not specifically singled out each ad for which I've been paid. (I will also say that I'm enteraining the notion to disclose each ad) The time may come when, either an advertiser or PayPerPost will include that language as a requirement, and when that happens, I will certainly abide by their rules.

Another P.S.: Nope, I wasn't paid to write this post... because I'd like to toss around a couple more weighty-words: FREE WILL

...And on a barely related side note - because I can never be serious for too long...
Blogging ads will always be more appealing than dancing topless at Boobaloo's Saloon on Dollar Draft Nite!


Say "Hi!", John-Boy
The Happy Medium

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to link you as a fellow payperpostie. <3

ZenJen~ said...

Thanks - I did the same.