Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Smoking Confession Part 5

If you care to follow along:
Smoking Confession...
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Here's where I stand as of today: I'm smoking just over a pack a day. Only smoking in the kitchen or outside. My two worst times/places are when I'm on the phone or in front of the computer (between 5 a.m. and Noon). My best time is between 2 p.m. and 10 p.m.

My other addiction:
FOOD & WEIGHT
For me, (as well as many women smokers, I'm sure) these two addictions go hand-in-hand. When I met Daddy-O 21 years ago, I weighed 125-135 (mostly because I starved myself in high school). Two and a half years later, we'd been married a year and I weighed 172. So began the year-long dieting obsession of "drive twice a week to a place where I pay someone to weigh me and tell me how to eat right while I kept a record of everything".

After that, I kept my weight around 140-145 for 14 years. At just under 5 foot tall, that's not too shabby. I was a size 8, fairly active and felt decent. Mostly, I didn't starve myself, watched what I ate, and made good food choices probably 80 percent of the time.

So what's changed the last four years? - An introspection.

We moved to Louisiana. We stopped hiking, walking, riding bikes and camping. We moved here and it was as if we forgot about all those things we like to do. And then there was our jobs. I worked a year of Saturdays and Daddy-O's hours were just as bad. We'd never lived where there wasn't hiking trails and camping spots nearby. We live on a five-mile dead-end road and yet if Kiddo and I take a walk, we're just glad we survived it - for all the freaking speeding cars that whizz past.

Life has a way of coming full-circle and biting you on the ass if you're not paying attention... I have the scars to prove it... And the weight.

Random Link: Skinny Daily Post

So I've blathered on about all that - to say this:
This morning I weigh 161.
(Holy Shit!)
Yesterday I started working out with Billy Blanks Basic Training Boot Camp.
(Can you hear my thighs screaming?)
I sincerely believe I need to work on the smoking, the eating and the exercise together.
(I figured that out all by my self!)
I'm not second-guessing our decision to move back to Indiana.
(It really is all about the lifestyle.)

Here's my short-term goals:
My birthday is May 20th -
Loose at least 5 pounds by then.
Cut back on my smoking in the morning.








Gain some - loose some, John-Boy
The Happy Medium

0 comments: