Smoking Confession Part 3
I went to the doctor on Monday to whine about a recurring sinus infection. Dr. Always-Runs-Late tells me I have allergies and they're getting worse. (Now, I've known that there are generations of family members on my Dad's side that have "Bad Sinuses" and I know I've inherited these...but honestly I've never put it together that these "Bad Sinuses" are actually "Allergies". I intend to blame this bout of stupidity on the fact that I also come from a long line of dairy/corn farmers who almost never went to the doctor. --- enlightenemnt is a positive {blush} )
As she always does, she asked if I was still smoking, and I was proud to tell her my accomplishments in cutting down by more than half. She interrupts me by telling me that's not good enough. I could still have a heart attack tomorrow. She again tells me about the Miracle of Wellbutrin and how well it calms nicotine cravings and keeps weight off.
I agreed to try it. Then she asked if I have panic attacks. I told her few and far between, so she also prescribed Lorazepam.
When it was all done, I left with a shot of steroids in my hip to help my lungs, Maxifed to dry my sinuses, Amoxicillin to combat the infection, Wellbutrin 150 for 3 days and Wellbutrin 300 for after, Lorazepam 1 mg (take a 1/2) and Astelin spray to keep the allergies at bay... And she told me to see her again next Monday and not stop smoking before then.
GOOD GRIEF!! If the cigs don't kill me, all these meds will!
Tuesday, I didn't take the Maxifed because I was so dizzy I couldn't drive Monday night. Today I didn't take the Lorazepam because it's addictive, causes siezures and dizziness and a multitude of other things that I don't need to deal with.
And just now, I have heartburn so bad it feels like somebody slipped gunpowder into my oatmeal. Now I know why my relation never went to the doctor.
I'm taking a cautious attitude toward the Wellbutrin helping me to stop smoking. I'l let y'all know how it progresses.
John-Boy, you might be a druggie...
The Happy medium







0 comments:
Post a Comment