A Catch-up post/ General Updates
Daddy-O is coming (should be) home this morning! Woo-Hoo!
He was supposed to be home Sunday night/Monday morning, but anybody who's been involved in trucking knows not too get too excited until they are in the driveway (or parked at the nearest truck stop).
Three things at the bank: I ordered the title to my car a week ago...just yesterday they got it...because someone neglected to specify which Chevy title I requested. I intend to solve the other two problems face-to-face when I go pick up the title.
Go to the Notary: With Daddy-O home, we can cross this off the "To Do" list.
Kiddo and the Prom: The kids didn't take near enough pictures to suit me, but the ones they did take are precious.
She told me they put their napkins on their laps at the Fancy restaurant.
She said that she didn't care for the music they played at the prom - because it was my kind of music. She would have danced more, but Beau only slow-dances.
Oh, and get this - They all had to take a breathalizer test before they could enter! I think that's very cool, actually.
In-Laws: Daddy-O's Mom is staying at her sister's place a few miles away, and his brother is flying in from Nevada today. Tomorrow we're all going to Baton Rouge because his mom wants to buy Kiddo a Teen Bible and go have dinner somewhere. I'm looking forward to an enjoyable outing. (No going hog-wild...Gotta watch what I order from the menu.)
Greeting Card Writing: I have a few subs out there making the rounds, but I haven't come up with many new ideas since moving and everything associated with that has taken over my brain. Yesterday, I officially packed up all the writing that was scattered on the kitchen table. It's in a book bag near the computer in case I need to drag it out, and the bag is going to Mom's with me, but for the time being, writing (with the exception of this blog) has been put on the back burner, again.
(Over the next week: Somebody remind me to back up all my files, please?)
Lazy: If I don't mow the lawn soon, it's going to take an Amazon Guide to find Ziggy when I let him out to go potty.
(Whatever happened to the teenagers that would go around neighborhoods asking to mow people's lawns for movie money? - Oh, wait - I have a teenager...and she won't push-mow for more than ten minutes, even if I'm out there helping - UUUGGGHH!)
family
C'mon Daddy-O! Make it home safely
The Happy Medium







0 comments:
Post a Comment