Monday, May 08, 2006

Diet & Exercise & Smoking- One Week Later

Here's the post where I decided to start including updates on diet and exercise with the battle to cut back on smoking.

ONE WEEK LATER:

I've lost two pounds! From 161 to 159...SWEET!

Doing the Bootcamp Workout every other day (I can only do about 40 minutes worth, and I have a rough time keeping up when they do double-time - still feel like an elephant on roller skates) Not using the bands, yet.

Stretching and yoga every other day.

Modified eating: Much more fruits, veggies and yogurt. Much less starch, fat and salt.
(Random Tip: Don't eat an entire bag of baby carrots, then try to lay down and take a nap)

Indulgences: two eggs over tater tots one day for breakfast, one bowl of ice cream, and ate at the chinese restaurant once.

MISO SOUP RECIPE
My neighbor tried her hand at this a few days ago, but she added more veggies like baby corn, and, because she's Cajun, everything must have cayenne pepper. Very good! (Wasn't too hot)

Smoking update: No change-though I'm finding I can hold off lighting one for a few hours after working out. And then it tastes like dirt.
("I'm on the five-year plan"- John Candy in Uncle Buck)





Count it down, John-Boy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to wish you much success in this endeavor. I'll stay posted for weekly results. Now go get 'em!

ZenJen~ said...

Thank you so much! ((HUGS))