Failed Attempts & Third Time is a Charm
...Or the fourth.
After two more failed attempts to meet with the buyer at the bank, we finally have clear title and enough profit for the down payment on the next house. WooHoo! Yippee! Thank the Gods and light a candle!
My next pain-in-the-tail I've already mentioned under the category of "Do it twice to complete it once". After two failed attempts at faxing info to the mtg lady, (and a never-ending game of phone-tag) I'm going to scan and e-mail those pages instead. I've scanned and sent pix, so it should be the same with documents, right?
At least it only took two phone calls to the insurance company to have them mail paperwork I need to sign to cancel the homeowners, flood and land liability.
It also only took two phone calls to set up an appointment with the eye doctor for Kiddo, who now has an eye infection for the third time in four months.
Last week I needed to get two new front tires put on my trusty Chevy Lumina so she'd make the long trip. That only took five hours at Wally-World (after they told me they didn't have the tires I wanted in stock - so instead of $90 it was $126). What a nice opportunity for Kiddo and I to get reacquainted over lunch at Ryan's. By the time my car was finished I was too wore out to take Kiddo to the one-day-sale at Stage. (Leave it to the teenager to get me hooked on buying clothes for myself for the first time in my life.)
For my next attempt at multi-tasking (queue circus music) I'm going to call the bank for three things: 1. Order the title to payoff beloved Chevy Lumina 2. Take Daddy-O's spiffy Chevy S10 off Auto-payment and make three month's payments ahead, 3. Find out what paperwork we need to sign to close our checking account on June 1st.
Anybody wanna place bets on how many attempts it will take to accomplish that??
family
life
moving
positive
I'm the juggler in the middle, John-Boy
The Happy Medium







0 comments:
Post a Comment