Thursday, May 18, 2006

Big-Dog Bloggers

There are days when I bop from blog-to-blog and link-to-link, like a puppy pouncing after a grasshopper.

I rarely comment on anyone's blog, but, if I come across something that catches my attention (ie: interesting, engaging, informational, brain-food) I have no problem tossing in someone's link while blogging about a given topic. I think of it as, "Here! You go have a look, too!"

Since I'm new to blogging and this blog is still a pup (under 50 posts) I'm still always wondering, "Maybe that's not the right way to do it. I hope I didn't offend anyone. How does everyone else do it?"

-----------
Today I pounced on this post:
Is Darren Rowse A Leader Or a Follower?
Written by Mike Sigers (Simplenomics)
Down in the comments you'll find responses from Darren Rowse (Problogger).

I found it fascinating how they resolved the problems amiably.
-----------
And so this lesson can be filed under "Blogging Etiquette".
I'll continue to toss in random relevant links as I see fit, and be sure to give credit where credit is due.
(I also really need to update and re-do the links in the sidebar, hopefully with catgories.)

And I'll throw in a P.S.
If you see your link in a post or in the sidebar and don't want it there, let me know.
If you've stumbled upon my little spot in the Blogosphere and care to - bookmark me, or add this blog to your links.
I'd be as happy as a puppy getting a second scoop of food.



Woof! John-Boy
The Happy Medium

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to us. Hope we ended up an inspiration and not a distraction.

I notice a post about Indiana...we used to live in New Albany and are now about 45 minutes from Evansville, but on the KY side, where we belong.

Where were you talking about ?

ZenJen~ said...

{Oh-My-Gosh! A Big Dog in person!(fans self) Does my hair look alright?}

Hi Mike,
I started off reading as a distraction, but ended as an inspiration. I'd read Problogger in the past, but just found Simplenomics yesterday.
Gotcha bookmarked now. >:-)~

Indiana: Daddy-O and I both grew up in NW Indiana, near Lake Michigan. We spent a few years in SC, near Greenville and a few years here in LA, near Baton Rouge.
It's time to go home!
My family has moved from NW Indiana to the west side of Indy. I'm hoping to land just south of there, Martinsville, maybe.
"Lord willin' an' the creek don't rise."

I'm glad you found your own "place to belong". Thanks for stopping by!
The Happy Medium