Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Back to School?

There's times in life when one comes to a crossroad. For me, it seems to always hinge on a job. I envy the folks who came out of high school, went to college or trade school - knew what they wanted, and went for it. The older I get, the less I toy with the idea of going back to school. The whole classroom setting turns me off. Didn't care for it when I was in high school.
As fate (or whatever you want to call it)would have it, just about the time one thinks about the money it would take to go back to school, some crisis happens and there's no money left - and desperation kicks in. At that point, I've said to myself, "I'd shovel horse manure if my back would hold out".

Young readers, this is one of those "take my advice" or "listen to your elders" kind of posts. There's so many professions out there that don't require 4 and 8 years worth of schooling. When I was young (she mocks in her best gravely-grandma-voice) no one told me, or showed me what the possibilities were. Take Aromatherapy Classes for example. The Hands on Healing Institute has six different classes at reasonable prices. They are located in Los Angeles. If I were younger...well you get the idea... and another plus about aromatherapy - it smells a great deal better than horse manure.

Choices are easier when you're younger, John-Boy
The Happy Medium

Technorati Tag:

0 comments: