Online Dictionary and Other Links
Writers links abound today!
I hate being stuck for a word, especially while penning poetry. I also found, while brainstorming for greeting card quips, that sometimes just one silly word will spark an idea. As a sporadic reader, when I come upon a new word - I must stop and find the meaning. (Lately, it's Dean Koontz that sends me scrambling for a definition or two)
There's an ingenious dictionary site called
Many things a writer needs - all in one spot.
Four ways to search...
Words Starting With:
Words Ending With:
Words Containing:
Words That Match:
There's a translator, if you need.
AllWords has links to 13 different thesauri. Slang links (I need this!), and under Glossaries, they list The Dictionary of Occupational titles (Writing a novel? What's your main character's job?)
Looking up the etymology for The Word of the Week: PROCRASTINATE -borrowed from the Latin procrastinatus, which is the past participle of procrastinare, meaning to put off until tomorrow (pro- forward + crastinus belonging to tomorrow).
The next link may not be writing related, but I just gotta mention it here.
ALLMATH.COM
Kiddo is in Algebra. UGH! I can't give her any help. I'm not kidding, I couldn't do it when I was her age. I've found other websites for her that are supposed to help with homework, and she turns her nose (and rolls her eyes). I'll show her these when she gets home from school.
Here four links for Algebra help.
Technorati Tag:writing







1 comments:
Hey, that's fantastic! I love it. Thanks for the link. I'm always looking for words that match a certain criteria and regular dictionaries don't always help with that.
Post a Comment